Monday, December 29, 2008

KISSING KRYSTALS!



This picture doesn't do this Christmas Mistletoe justice! This Kissing Krystal was given to me for Christmas this year by a dear friend. She knows that I'm a hopeless romantic and must have found it just as alluring as I do. Even though I don't need mistletoe to smooch the ones I love, I could just leave this hanging all of the time because it is so beautiful. The crystal at the bottom is just so pretty as the light reflects from it at every angle.

Here is the legend of the Krystal Mistletoe: "Kissing under the mistletoe is an old European tradition. It is believed that the mistletoe holds magical powers from the "soul" of the mightly oak tree. It grants strength, peace, health, fertility and love to those who kiss beneath it".

Well, I don't know about you, but I certainly could use some strength, as I find getting older has left me feeling weaker. I hope that God will grant me peace and good health and sure.....spread that love! Can you imagine not ever being loved or unable to give your love to that special someone? I'm thankful that I was blessed with finding love. "I love you" comes so easily for me when saying goodbye, either on the phone or visiting with my loved ones. But what about that "fertility" thing? Please don't leave any of that stuff with me! I've done my duty and now I'm HOT all of the time! Man, why couldn't I have been HOTTER back in the day? This later in life stuff is definitely for the birds!

Back to the mistletoe! I remember many years ago....we're talking when I was in my teens, my brother-in-law would go out and try to shoot mistletoe from a tree. I believe that he would use buckshot. I remember being able to spot it in the tree because all of the leaves were gone and you could see a large clump of the green stuff hanging near the top. Sometimes he would be able to get a few pieces. I think he mostly blew it to smitherines. I don't remember ever having a huge amount of it. My brother-in-law was different....like that. That mistletoe never helped to keep the romance alive with my sister and him.

Does anyone hang sprigs of mistletoe in their homes or how about one of these "Kissing Krystals"? Do you practice that European tradition? I'd love to hear what you think.


8 comments:

Brenda said...

I can see why you would like to leave this up all year. It is beautiful. I would leave it out if I were you.
We have never done mistletoe that I can remember. I am not very romantic either. Maybe sometimes I am, but not too much.
You made me laugh with your "HOT" talk, because I got confused about weather or not you were referring to hot flashes.
I did enjoy the Christmas posts and stories you did this year. If I don't talk to you before then, Have A Very Happy New Year BJ!!!!

Wanda said...

What a beautiful Kissing Drystal Mistletoe.... I would leave that up all year too.
I hang my "artificial" mistletoe with red ribbon above the kitchen door every year. Since I spend so much time in the kitchen...anyone coming or going gets a kiss from me.

Especially my honey!

Rudee said...

I used to hang mistletoe but now, I usually forget it. I think you should leave it up. Who knows? It may be charmed.

Amber said...

We do usually have mistletoe, but we couldn't find any this year! When I was growing up, our cheer team used to pick it and sell it to raise money-- along with kisses. ;)

Hope you have a lovely Christmas, BJ. Happy New Year!

:)

Sandy said...

That is one beautiful Krystal. I would leave it hanging just for its' beauty. Enjoyed your post.. But I'm intrigued. Are you saying your hot all the time..hahaha, you go girl...

beautiful photos.

Oh..and no I have never remembered to hang mistletoe and actually I'm not a romantic..more like a pioneer woman...ha.

BJ said...

Thank you all for your comments. I can see I stumped some of you with that "hot talk". Presently, all the hot I know is those darn HOT FLASHES!!! But in my younger years, I was cwazy, hot, passionate and madly in love with my man. He would be disappointed now....ha,ha,ha!!

I do believe that I am going to take your advise and keep that Christmas Krystal hanging in my house. I need to find a good place for it....in fact, it just came to mind right now, where I'm gonna hang it! Yipee!

Sandy, you made me laugh when you said, "I'm not a romantic...more like a pioneer woman". That was funny...although I know The Pioneer Woman, and she seems like she's got a love fest going on with Marlboro Man!

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

cat's momma said...

Happy New Year BJ! Hot flashes I know...but after several years feeling the HEAT, I've cooled back down to somewhat normal. It used to be like clockwork...every 20 minutes the furnace came on...ugh!

Beautiful crystal...I agree with everyone else...keep it up!!

Renee said...

Hi BJ! Love your post about Kissing Krystals! I work at a store in Lafayette, LA that sells them - Caroline & Company and I must say everyone in Louisiana loves them too. We can't keep them in stock!:)
http://www.carolineandco.com/c-117-kissing-krystals.aspx

P.S. Super cute grand children.