Wednesday, November 26, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


My dear friends:

I know I've been such a slacker lately......but I couldn't let tomorrow come and go without saying that I am truly blessed and thankful for all the good in my life; and for the things that have been difficult, hopefully I have gained more knowledge on how to prevent them from seeping into my life ever again.

I'm so thankful for my family.......my dear children who are loving and thoughtful and look out for their mama. And my precious grandchildren......how they make me feel just saying their names. They are my joy!

And to all of my blogging friends, thank you for being there and being supportive when I feel like I'm carrying this heavy load on my shoulders. Thanks for your encouragement and kind words. You all make a difference in my life. I can't even imagine you not being here. I know that I look forward each day to reading what is going on in your lives. You write wonderful posts and some of you even make me roll my eyes and snort!!!! Glad you can't see that though.

My wish for all of you is to have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with your families and friends. And that those who are less fortunate than us, will be provided for as well. That they too will have plenty of food to fill their tummies and warm, sufficient clothing that will protect them as our weather turns colder. And may we all, reach deeper into our pockets and give from our hearts more generously.


9 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh BJ what a sweet Thanksgiving post... The picture of you and your grandbaby is so beautiful.

I love your hair, and the love is just glowing on your sweet face.

I'm so thankful to be spending Thanksgiving with our family. We just met our new great grandson Matthew last week. (4 weeks old)

We are blessed!! You are a blessing in my life too.

Love and Hugs
Wanda

Rudee said...

What a lovely post. Your word would be missed if they weren't here too. I always look forward to reading what you've got to say and looking at your beautiful pictures. Happy Thanksgiving.

Brenda said...

I am thankful to have gotten to know you these last few months. You are the only blogger I have gotten the privilege of talking to on the phone so far, so in that you are special. I know that your children and grandchildren will surround you with laughter and love today. Many blessings being sent your way today BJ!
Love,
The Other Brenda

Sandy said...

Beautiful post BJ. Gorgeous photos of you and the little one. He is so adorable!! It's been a rough time here for several weeks, and blogging or at least visiting blogs is always a stress reliever...

I hope your day with the family is wonderful!

I'm glad I know you.

cat's momma said...

Wonderful post, BJ! I love the photos of you and your grandchild...beautiful! Have a great day with family! When I think of you, I always thing "sweet person." That's what I get from your posts.

Marsha said...

A beautifully written post, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Baby E looks so cozy taking a nap on grandma's lap!

Mary said...

Amen, BJ. I'm thankful for you.

Mary

The Crusty Crone said...

"...make me roll my eyes and snort!!!! Glad you can't see that though."

Me, too! Snorts get messy sometimes.

Lovely post and I think we all share in your sentiments.

Brenda said...

Hi BJ!
I love your header picture of the kids. Too cute! Didn't you have some pictures of your Christmas tree on here before? Hope you are having a great Christmas!
Hugs,
B