Monday, September 29, 2008

ON THE ROAD.....AGAIN!



As I was driving to the Eastern Shore on Thursday, I had my camera on the front seat next to me. I have been really lax on picture taking lately. Not because I've become bored with it, but because opportunity has not presented itself to me. Oh, I've taken a few here and there but not anything that has really excited me. But, as I was saying, I was looking for something different to photograph. There is a good ten miles of country before I get out to the Interstate. The countryside was so green and luxurious looking. And the cow's just happened to be in the pasture as I was driving past. Not one of them was looking up......they were grazing!







I arrived to my destination within three hours. I pretty much dodged the rain until I had almost gotten into Salisbury. It rained off and on the entire weekend. Sometimes the rain was very heavy and the next thing I would know, the sun was trying to peep out behind very dark clouds. Here is a picture of leftover bloom's from a crepe myrtle tree. I happen to love the way it looks.



This little critter comes to visit frequently; at least a couple times of the day. My family feeds this little guy apples and grapes. He will come onto the deck and fill his little jaws and then take off. Back again around 6:00 p.m. each night. He is quicker than lightning! You better be sitting near the window and fast with the camera action. I was so lucky with getting this shot. But isn't he a cutie? And look at his tail! I've never seen a chipmunk with a tail like that.



And because I love this time of the year and all of the beauty that nature holds, I thought these pots of mum's sitting on these steps were just lovely. It seems like everywhere I go I see colorful mum flowers; crimson's, burnt oranges, yellows, purples & lilacs too.....they are all so beautiful.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

BJ,
I love all of the pictures. I wondered if you took the ones of the cows while you were driving. I try to do that sometimes and they never work out for me. The chipmunk must have gotten his tail trimmed at the chipmunk salon. Ha I can't figure that out?!? Do you think someone did that to him? The mums are so beautiful. I planted some once but didn't keep doing it. I will be emailing you soon about Mary Kay.
Hugs,
B

Rudee said...

I believe your chipmunk has a brush cut do on his tail! The pictures are great. Thanks.

Marsha said...

What a nice weekend you had! That chipmunks tail is funny, maybe Chip & Dale are trying to go punk rock and he got his tail cut for the new look.

cat's momma said...

I enjoyed all your new pictures. The crepe myrtle buds with the moisture...beautiful. That tail on the chipmunk looks like a fan to me.

Sandy said...

Oh, they are all great photos. I love seeing cows in pastures...

And that chipmunk...how cute.

raindrops...stunning.

nice reading you...