Thursday, August 14, 2008

SEVENTH ANNUAL BARBEQUE BASH!



Last weekend, trying to maneuver around town was difficult. People came to our little town of Bel Air to eat, drink and be merry! It was our annual barbecue bash! The vendors began setting up on Thursday night and by Friday afternoon around 4:00 p.m. people were coming from everywhere to buy themselves some of that good ole BBQ beef, pork & chicken that the competitors have been cooking all day. And if you were one of those that think beer goes with that BBQ, well then you are definitely in luck. Cause you will find "beer gardens" where you can sit and eat and enjoy the likings!

The Maryland BBQ Bash is a barbecue themed street festival featuring the Maryland State BBQ Championship contest where 50 competition teams from the Mid-Atlantic area and beyond will compete for $10,000 in cash prizes.

The Bash also features live music featuring local, regional and national acts. The event also includes top quality barbecue and other food vendors, sponsor displays, crafts and other exhibits, a farmers market and a kids play and entertainment area.

The Bash is free for the public and has regularly drawn over 20,000 attendees for the two days. The BBQ Bash is one of the most anticipated and exciting community events in Harford County, with a following throughout the Baltimore metropolitan region and beyond.




You won't want to leave the likes of all of the food vendors before you eat one of those big fried doughy things the size of a plate with confectionery sugar heaped up on it! For the life of me I can't think of the name of that yummy thing. I'm having a brain fart, I guess. I'll remember once I've post this though. And the kids need to get themselves hopped up on sugar too.....so you'll want to get them some of that cotton candy in either pink or blue that can be seen hanging around enticing them. There's smoothies and ice cream and french fries and anything you want to drink.



This year there were many vendors showing their wares too. I was surprised at how many people are selling jewelry......nice, pretty, silver jewelry. My, how I love nice, pretty, silver jewelry. I did not buy one thing! I glanced at it all but I had such great willpower. I was so proud of myself. There were beautiful scarves, handbags, more jewelry, lot's of children's toys and face painting.....just gads of stuff.



And I have to comment on the weather. It was perfect. Perfect for spending the day outside. It was low humidity, sunny and a little breezy. My kind of weather friends. I didn't attend this thing for the last couple of years because it was hotter than hell. I'm sorry but I don't like being out of my comfort zone! Call me old...post menopausal or whatever else you may. I don't need the heat....I have my own personal summers!!!!! Thank you very much! And just look at that sky below in that picture! Crystal clear!



He was fascinated with all of the balloons that "accidentally" got loose and floated away! He would follow them until they were out of sight.



Here's L.J. & his daddy! John's wearing a beautiful smile today! Actually L.J. is smiling a little bit too.



And here are two little cuties!



Nemo is going home with G & L.J.



Two of my beautiful girl's! Mommy & G.



Here is daddy to G, H & E! The Master of Ceremonies and the bread-winner for his family.





Brother & sister.....oldest and youngest.....a daddy & a mommy.....my loves!



And last of all....here's BJ.....or Brenda......the mom and the grandmom with #1 son.

9 comments:

Rudee said...

For some reason, my stomach is growling. That festival sounds amazing! So does the food.

Brenda said...

Love all of the pictures! It is like we are there with you. I love those events. We are having ours here starting tonight and over the weekend. I am with you in that many times over the past I have not gone because of the heat...why do they have these in August? But maybe this year will be different. Those fritters you were trying to remember are called funnel cakes. I hope I get to go to ours. Your pictures and stories have given me a taste for it! Thanks for sharing the event with us and have a great weekend!

Sandy said...

Ohhh great photos. I felt like I was there sweltering with you all and hyped up on sugar. As always seeing the little ones, and especially Gianna in that face paint was fun...

But also great was seeing you and your son together. That is a great photo of the two of you...

cat's momma said...

I enjoyed all the photos and the commentary about the day. Loved seeing you with your son too!

Marsha said...

Oh how fun this event sounds and to enjoy the fun with family is even better! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time except maybe LJ got a little tired out. Nemo alone would have made me smile :-) G's face is so cute all painted up and the whole family is one good looking bunch including you Brenda!

I hope you sampled a funnel cake for me...I love those (and ribs, too).

The Crusty Crone said...

Sounds like a great day and a great BBQ (that pig looks like juice would squirt for miles with just one puncture... juicy lucy). Hey... I like your hair. I like the cut and the color. Way kewl. And those fingernails... very nice. (so... do you feel like you've been totally checked out? Not to worry. I'm just pullin' your chain a little. But I really do like your hair.)

Wanda said...

Oh what a wonderful set of photos.
The food looks delicious.... and you are darling ~~ love your hair cut...and your top too. You son is very good looking....!!

The Woman said...

looks like a lot of fun, our town is getting ready to have its annual pork fest next month, Just going for the parade as it draws over 100,000 people and I don't wanna be in that mess

Sandy said...

Love the new banner, so adorable!!!

hope all is well...