Saturday, June 14, 2008

TENNESSEE.....HERE WE COME!

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers this past week. It has meant so much to have your support. We are all coming to grips with the reality of our loss. My SIL is doing remarkedly well.........I've talked to her several times this week. Her difficulties come mostly at night as she experiences being alone and her mind races over the last 35 years of their life together. With time, it will become easier..........

Also, I wanted to let you know that I will be away for the next 10 days. This trip has been planned for a long time. My sister and I will be leaving on Father's Day for Tennessee. I will be driving and my sister will be my navigator, the map reader, if you will. We are going there to visit my nephew and his family, or her son. We are looking forward to this trip and I can't wait to see what activities my nephew has planned for us. My camera will be a permanent attachment.......so I will share many photo's when I return. And if you don't hear anything from me until I get back.....well then, watch out! I'll be sharing stories of our adventures and pictures to back them up!

9 comments:

cat's momma said...

Enjoy your trip, take lots of pictures, and please be safe. Stay away from tornadoes and floods, ok? I'll be looking forward to your return home safely!!

Wanda said...

So glad you are getting to take this trip to Tennessee!! My husband has soom early roots there before his parents moved to Ohio.

So glad your camera will be visiting too, and look forward to seeing many wonderful pics.

You will be in my prayers for a safe and fun trip.

Sandy said...

Great great - a getaway with your sis!! Have a wonderful time and glad to hear your SIL is coping as well as can be expected.

Bring back lots of stories and pics. HOpe the weather cooperates back there.

s

Marsha said...

Looking forward to Tennessee photos! One of my favorite things of reading other blogs is seeing other areas of our beautiful country that I have not been to and most likely never will. It is such fun to see it through other's eyes and lens! I hope you have a truly wonderful and relaxing time especially after the stress of the last few weeks.

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Eagerly awaiting your return, BJ.
Hope you have an incredible time!

Travelling Goddess said...

Have an awesome memory creating time!!

Will look forward to all the fun and joy you have.

Amber said...

Awww, dang. I am so sorry... Know prayers will be said for healing broken hearts.

:)

Sandy said...

Glad you're back...thanks for coming by and visiting.

s

The Broken Man said...

Wow, 12 hrs is a huge amount of time in a car! I get bored just driving to work! Seriously, my wife has to do all the long trips, because I want to turn round and go home after an hour's driving!

Congratulations on managing such a long trip!

The Broken Man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/