Monday, April 21, 2008

FIRST TIME FISHING!

Today at work, I heard that little ding from my cellphone. I love hearing it.......because I know that either my daughter or son has sent me a text message with a picture. I'm always up for looking at my grandchildren. I know that isn't any surprise to anyone who reads by blog. So, I go to my message center and find this picture of L.J. It tickles my insides to see him holding his little fishing rod and that look on his face is priceless. I text back, and barely finish sending it and in walks my son and L.J. What a surprise! So they spent about one-half hour with me and off they go to visit my daughter. I love,love,love when my kids bring up my grandchildren to my office......BRAG, BRAG, BRAG! I can't help it! They are just so darn cute!

Enough of that......I just wanted you to see L.J. fishing for his very first time. He now knows about bobbers, bites and casting. He's all set......maybe he'll get his first fish next time.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Sandy said...

OH!! Look at him, how adorable...

What a fisherman he's going to be. I can imagine its' a treat when the grandkids come into the office...all the workers probably really make a fuss over this one!
(of course I mean all of them)
sandy

dakotablueeyes said...

I'm so hoping to do that next week lol. Hubs is waiting on his reduced rate form from Veterans Affairs then we are getting our license

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Is he having fun or what?!
What a little sweetie, BJ. I would be bragging to if I were in your shoes. That is just such a precious little story your told. Makes me giggle.
BTW, did he catch anything??

Marsha said...

LJ is one cute little fishing buddy! How much fun for your son to be able to do that with him. Did he have any "fish" stories to tell grandma? How fun that they come to visit at work too.

Travelling Goddess said...

Sooooo cute and a keeper, that's fursure!! And what is important in all of this, is not his cuteness, but, the memories that are starting.... that will last his lifetime. "When I went fishing with my dad"......so special!!

The Crusty Crone said...

awwwwww... how precious. Just look at that expression!

And just look at that wonderful shot with the bridge behind him and his blond (blonde?) hair highlighted by the bridge. Where's that matte (matt?) and frame.

cat's momma said...

Love this picture!!! He's a little doll...and I'd be bragging too!