Saturday, February 02, 2008

This is Lily!


This is Lily!, originally uploaded by Mamaquita.


Doesn't she look sweet? Well....she picks her times to be sweet. Usually not so much with me. Except for the last couple of days she is stuck with me. My son, who she adores, is visiting his dad in another state. I am not allowed to pick her up. However, if I am sitting in a recliner chair, she finds that acceptable so she will jump up and lay in my lap. If I attempt to nuzzle or snuggle with her too much she will immediately get down. She will not even let me pull her up close to me. I have a name for her.......I won't use it here!

She will walk around my condo and meow and meow and meow.....especially if she thinks my son should be home. She has a built in clock of her own. She will listen for his car and will be at the door to greet him each night that he comes in. If he is later than usual and she feels like he should be home.......she walks around in circles and cries. I have to keep calling her to come to me and try to shut her up. This goes on until I finally just have to go to my room and shut the door......it is sooooo annoying.

I debated about getting another cat after having Morris(another post). He was so much like a person. You know.....coming to the door when the doorbell rings to greet you is pretty darn smart. He had so much personality and would kitty talk all of the time. Just the sweetest cat. I am convinced that male cat's are sweeter and more friendly. At least that has been my experience....well, I have to admit that my other son's cat is very sweet and female. But back to Lily. It's a good thing she is so smart. Cause I think I'd have to toss her. She will fetch her mice.....over and over. She does do some cute things. So with all of that said.....I guess I'll keep her.....the miss calico cutie!

9 comments:

Wanda said...

I love cats, but several of my grandchildren are dreadfully allergic to them. So we stick with our Molly.
BJ thanks for all your sweet comments on my post. LOL

Nita said...

I like cats too! :) Lily is a darling. I have one cat (plus my two little dog critters) and she stays in the garage. She won't come in, but graciously allows me to rub her neck or scratch her ears when I feed her. We call her Shadow because she's happier in the shadows. She was a barn cat when we got her and now she's a garage cat. :) Nita

myrtle beached whale said...

When I was about 10 (a long time ago) I brought home a stray can. My folks let me keep her. Within a few months we had 13 cats and kittens. I was told I could pick 2and the rest had to go. I set up a kitten stand very much like a lemonade stand to give them away. A kind lady with a farm took them all for barn cats.

Barbara said...

Absolutely beautiful picture! I love the kitties expression! I have had better luck with male cats as well...don't know what it is.I do love having a kitty to snuggle with in bed, but the tradeoffs of litter boxes, hairballs on the floor by my bed for me to "find" in the middle of the night and hair all over my clothes just doesn't justify a little cuddle time. She is a beauty though!

cat's momma said...

This is a beautifully colored cat! I have my Strider who can't take a step without whining...always been like that. He's a pain, but I love him. He's been very jealous of the baby since we moved here. I think that's why his whining has accelerated. I would love to have a silent cat.

Wanda said...

bj: Sometimes I can't pull up your blog...it says by invitation only..and I don't know how to get past that. But today....it opened up!!

Just want to say how much I enjoy you comments on my blog, and on others that I read you comments on.

You are a special lady. LOL:)

luzie said...

Lily is so cute.. makes me wish I weren't allergic to cat hair! :)

Sandy said...

I keep coming back to look at her. She would make a beautiful painting.

sandy

JC said...

That's a great photo! She does look very cute. I guess it's like with kids - if they weren't so cute it would be a lot harder to put up with all of their shenanigans!