Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My mother and me!


My mother and me!, originally uploaded by Mamaquita.


My mom looks so pretty in this picture. I'm sure it was probably hotter than heck at the time this picture was taken. It had to be late summer......just look at how tan my mom looks!

Do you see the stroller on the right hand side of the picture? Oh....I remember what those strollers look like. If you can envision them then and think about how far baby accessories have come.....well, it is just amazing.

5 comments:

Travelling Goddess said...

I love these ole black and white pictures!!!!

There is something soooo special when we revisit them....our story...our life...

I think that B/W's have soooo much emotion that color does not reflect.Hope you post more of these.

And that post to your granddaughter is sooooo touching...

Happy Birthday Hailee!!

Texasbelle said...

Incredible. I love this picture!

Sandy said...

She was so pretty in this picture and I love her glowy skin. Great photo..

sandy

Nita said...

I love these old photos too. So many memories......and sometimes no memories until the pictures stir the feelings.

I remember the strollers when my kids were babies. NOTHING like what was just purchased by my daughter and grandaughter for their little ones. I can't believe how BIG everything is. And motorized. Bassinets that vibrate, have lights, music, swings that do all and more. :) My kids just had a bouncer that you hung from your door. Even a baby wipes warmer. Yep, baby supplies have evolved into everything convenient. lol Nita

Wanda said...

There is nothing quite as speical as finding a treasure like this picture of your Mom and you. She is very pretty and tan, and you are a cute pie!!! We had humble beginning too. Our pictures look similar.