Sunday, February 10, 2008

Brenda & Rusty


Brenda & Rusty, originally uploaded by Mamaquita.


I've been looking through some old photo's and found this one. I think that it is so cute of my brother and me. I can stil remember that swing and the front porch on that old house on Tilghman Street. Funny how some things you just never forget. I was five when we moved from there to the house that I grew up in and didn't leave until I got married at 19.

Would you look at the haircut? I look like I have the "dutch boy" haircut. Remember that one? My hair was as straight as a stick and very thick. I remember my mom saying funny things about my hair as she was trying to cut my bangs. She said, "it's not easy cutting that hair". I think I had the same hair style for many, many years.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

HOW ADORABLE! So cute. CM and I sat on the same type of swing on our front porch. ...In fact looks like our house....so fun to see th*s. P.s. that younger photo you have at the bottom...looks exactly like how I wore my hair back then...
sandy

Marsha said...

What a cute photo :-) I had to look twice at the "dutch boy" haircut...I think everyone had one at one time or another. Too cute!

cat's momma said...

Wow! The past is much clearer that long ago to me than things that happen in the more recent past. This pic could have been from an old photo album of anyone probably and we can so relate to it. It evokes emotions instantaneously.

Wanda said...

Oh BJ this is such a darling picture. I have had so much fun going through my old pictures. I remember that haircut. I always wanted curls...mom curled my hair every day.

LOL Wanda