Thursday, October 18, 2007

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY?




Gawd! Another birthday already! Why I am even bothering to post about another birthday, another year going by......I must be crazy! But......it's a fact of life. And as much as I hate to admit it, I am getting closer to 60 years old. And it scares me a little bit. I think it is just because when you say "60", it used to seem so old to me. But now that I am closer to the number, I'm thinking, "do I feel like I should be 60"? Well.....what are we supposed to feel like? I know that I am not able to keep at something as long as I used to be able to. That I will take a rest between going from one room to the next when I clean. I don't have to do everything in one day. I will break it up into two days......sometimes more! It just doesn't have to get done right this minute....right? I notice that I am so much more mindful of putting myself at risk for tripping or falling......I think that breaking my arm last year really did that for me. Also, I fell in the shower a couple of months ago. Shook myself up a bit but didn't really hurt myself too badly. A little sore the next day.....but I handled it. I won't even go into the stupidity on my part of why I fell. If you are anything like my daughter, you would just laugh anyway! She got a good laugh out of my explanation of falling. So.....I'm being extra careful now.....in the shower or walking down the 27 steps out to my car each morning on my way to work. Oh yeah......I'm only 57. I still have three years to go before the big 60. Why am I even agonizing over this. I still have three years to go......zippity-do-dah!

The whole purpose of this post, before I got carried away on the age thing, was to tell you that I had a wonderful birthday with my children and grandchildren. My daughter and her husband and the girls took me out to dinner. A very nice restaurant called the "The Center Club" in downtown Baltimore. The service was just wonderful. I love all of those special touches you experience with fine dining. You know......when you return to your table after taking one said "little 3 year old" to the bathroom about six times, your napkin has been re-folded each time. I was impressed with that. The waiters and waitress couldn't have been nicer.....catering to two beautiful little girls, who behaved rather nicely I thought.

I ordered Veal scallopini and I have to say it was scrumptious! Something that I haven't had in a very long time. Kelli & Aaron got the crab cakes and fillet mignon. Normally I would have gotten fillet mignon because that is my favorite, all time food to eat! I rarely have steak but if I do, please give me a medium well done fillet mignon! They loved it. We were all satisfied with our dining experience and I so loved being out to such a fancy place and with the people that I love the most!

Here are a couple of pictures of the girls. Pretty little ladies if I do say so myself! Gianna attempted to eat her ice cream and berries. I finished my creme brulee! Oh.......it was to die for!

Hailee couldn't wait to eat her special cheesecake! She was panting for it! And Gianna was a little pensive.....not feeling up to par!





And a picture of "mommy and daddy". Not sure why Aaron felt the need to close his eyes!







AND IT DIDN'T END HERE!!!

Sunday night my son, DIL and grandson, took me out to dinner too! We went to a nice Italian Restaurant close to my home called Enotria. I ordered tilapia stuffed with Maryland crabmeat surrounded by mussels on a bed of cooked spinach. OMG! It was so good! Very rich and cooked to perfection. I brought at least half of it home and ate it the next day for dinner. John ordered lobster ravioli and Megan ordered a chicken dish over spinach too. The portions were huge. Her leftover was a huge portion that got eaten a little later that night by my other son.

L.J. had been asleep when we first arrived and eventually awoke to being in a different place then he had rememberd leaving and another grandmom(moi) staring at him, and trying to steal some kisses! He quickly raised his little head and inspite of trying to get him to eat a morsel, he wouldn't eat.....he would rather eat peppermint candies! Or walk around outside putting monies in the fountain. Regardless, it was a great time. Time to be with family........family that I adore! Bet you didn't know that!

We leave there and proceed to Kelli & Aaron's house to have cake and ice cream! The ice cream cake was from Coldstone Creamery and was called Cookies and Creamery! If you haven't had a cake from there, you must treat yourself. You don't need to have a birthday to get one of these cakes! They are out of this world. The best ice cream you will ever eat and real cake between the layers. This one was definitely my favortie.




Here are pictures of me.......happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you......attempting to blow-out candles that wouldn't blow out easily and some of the family around the table. It was a fun time. And to all of my children and grandchildren, I love you all so much! You made my birthday a really wonderful, memorable one.







Oh yea! This coming Saturday Kelli made reservations to go to "Tea by Two". I've posted about this before and I am excited to be going there again. Supposed to be six of us, five of my favorite people. And Part II of my birthday treat! If you would like to read this previous post from the archives, go here.

12 comments:

Sandy said...

I'll be back to read this slower and look at the photos...on the run here...

but wanted to say happy birthday...I will be 57 too in 'December..

Marsha said...

Happy Birthday! What a beautiful lady you are in the photos...the joy of celebrating with your family shines through. It sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful birthday weekend.

Why am I hungry after reading this post :-) Happy Birthday again!

Darlene said...

So so so much love here
in these words
and these pictures...
what a beautiful family!!!

blessings abound! :)

love and hugs
xoxo darlene

cat's momma said...

Happy birthday...and you look marvelous!!! I'm 58 and I share all those thoughts and worries about becoming 60 TOO SOON. But I intend to be the healthiest 60 and 70 and 80 year old ever! I haven't decided how long I'm going to live yet, though, beyond 80...ha!

Wanda said...

What a beautiful post and pictures. So much love and what a darling family you have. Life is good...shh....BJ it only gets better after "60". When I retired at 62 it was the best day of my life, and now I'm 66 and loving it...you will too.

Jan said...

Happy belated birthday. I can;t wait to read about 'Tea by Two' I hope that you had a wonderful time. Your birthday meals sounds wonderfull.

Age is a day by day thing. somedays I feel 80 and othrs 30!

Sandy said...

These are all great pics BJ and you look so happy sitting there with your cake.

I remember the post about the Tea party a long time ago when I read it on your site.

thanks for all your nice comments...

sandy

The Crusty Crone said...

Happy Birthday, BJ!! 57... ah, that was an exciting year for me. I remember it well. Well.... maybe I don't remember all of it, but the parts that were good, I remember those! I stepped outside of my comfort zone for a short time and it was fun. When it was over, I was more than ready to get back into my comfortable place. (I try not to think of the embarrassing things..weak smile)

Reading the comments here I was beginning to really feel old, but luckily for me, Wanda spoke up. Bwah ha ha ha ha ha
But yeah, there's an adjustment to make as the years add up.

It sounds like you're having a ball!!

Sandy said...

hahaha...CC you crack me up...

sandy

JC said...

Happy belated birthday!!

It sounds like you all had a really nice time. It's nice to have family nearby.

Wanda said...

Hey BJ: I didn't see any place to comment on your ~Halloween video~ Very spooky...((Boo))
Happy Halloween to you and yours!!
:-}

Anne said...

oh gosh BJ, Happy Belated Birthday!! I am so happy your family put on such a celebration for you because dang woman...all good people need it, especially after another year around our sun!