Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Washed up!


, originally uploaded by Mamaquita.

When I came upon this shoe on the beach, my imagination just took off! I wondered who's shoe it could be, how long it had been in the ocean.....was the person it belonged too safe. All sorts of things crossed my mind.

I really like this picture and if you look closely you can see that it has growth on the front sole and on the sides which make me think that it may have been submerged on the bottom of the ocean for a while.

I would love to hear what you might think about this shoe.

5 comments:

The Crusty Crone said...

I bet that shoe has a million stories to tell. I can just smell it now!!! eeeeuuuuuuu hahahahaha

Wanda said...

Upon closer examination...I believe that shoe belonged to Jonah...it's amazing what will happen to a shoe that's been inside a whale for thousand years!

Sandy said...

That is a cool photograph..I like what Wanda said...

or...something more dreadful flits through my mind...NOOOOOO!!

but a neat photo..

sandy

Nita said...

Jonah in sneakers. Who would have thought? lol

Or....there was a young man who fell in love with a mermaid and gave up his humanhood, and his sneakers, to become a merman for her. To this day they live happily ever after and under. :)

hollibobolli said...

This is a great picture - period. I think the person was zapped by aliens.