Monday, July 16, 2007

ASSATEAGUE ISLAND STATE PARK





This is where I visited this past weekend. After looking at the pictures, please go here and read about Assateague's National State Park. It is very interesting and a great history lesson. I grew up on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I lived 30 minutes from Ocean City, Maryland and about 40 minutes from Assateague Island. When I was a kid, my family camped in a tent between the dunes in Ocean City. Things have obviously changed over the years. No camping there now! But, Assateague Island is a state park where you can camp, swim in the Atlantic Ocean, fly kites and enjoy campfires. It is such a lovely place to visit. The highlight for me is seeing the ponies. These are wild ponies that enjoy the freedom of the entire island. I didn't expect to see as many as I did. Of course my camera was permanently attached to my hand so that if any of the ponies came along, my chance, I could get a few shots. And I did! Also you will see pictures of wild berries, tents, beautiful campers and a few family photo's too. OMG! And a sweet little deer, that just laid its little self down and didn't mind one bit, that people were within a couple of feet of it, taking its picture. I do apologize for spots on some of the pictures because many of them were taken out of the window or through the "dirty" windshield.

If you have never heard of Assateague Island, I hope that you will have found this post interesting. Your comments are always welcome!






Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Great tour of Assateague National State Park and I really enjoyed it! It is amazing that you have wild ponies and a deer that close to you and what a wonderful spot to camp. I have never been to the east coast unless you count Florida and love when I get to see the beauty of it through another's eyes.