Monday, June 18, 2007

SHOW & TELL MONDAY'S!



Sandy - I orginally posted this story back in June of 2005. This is my show and tell for this week. It's a fun story and at the time was a big surprise for me. You will see why. So, here it goes.

Gees! I haven't posted in a while but I wanted to tell a very humbling story. Last week on Saturday July 23rd., Kelli, my two grandaughters and myself went to the grand opening of J M Jewelers. They recently opened in Bel Air and we went there for me to "dig for the treasure". Kelli and my DIL had gone the day before and dug and had both gotten lovely gemstones. The setting was perfect. A treasure chest filled with sand, watch batteries and gemstones! What I was actually digging with was a long handle slotted apparatus that the sand would slowly sift through. Anyway, I made the first scoop and ended up with nil. So, Jose said, "you need to dig again". So, because I like to be told what to do and follow directions so nicely, I proceeded to dig toward the back and side, deep I might add, and while I was doing that, Jose said, "you've got the diamond, you've got the diamond", in his Spanish accent. I said, "I've got the diamond?" I hadn't even brought up the scoop yet. But, as the sand so slowly slid through the slots in the scoop, I was beginning to see the outline of a little box or something. The box came into clear view and Jose grabbed the box from the scoop and was loudly saying, "you got the diamond". I saw the word "diamond" written on the side of the little box. Well, from then on I was no more good. All I could do was cry. Everyone that was in the store was clapping and congratulating me and I just kept right on crying. My mascara and nose were both running. I needed a kleenex so badly and someone did find something for me.
Now, let me tell you about the diamond! It is very beautiful. It is approximately three-quarters of a carat. It has so much sparkle in it. It is beautifully cut, solitaire. I was told that it has a few natural occlusions in it. That doesn't matter one bit to me. I can't see them and I'm darn sure that no one else can either. After meandering around the store for several hours in a daze, I finally was able to pull myself together and find a setting to put the diamond in. I can't wait to pick up the finished product. It is going to be a beauty. The setting is very beautiful with an antique flair. The sides of the ring have small diamonds set in rose gold. It is a very unique ring. I am very happy with the setting that I chose. I can't wait to put it on my finger. And, Kelli knows that someday that ring is gonna be hers! And you know what she said? "I can't wait"! I hope that she will pass it along to my grandaughters someday too. And I hope that she will provide them with the story when she feels that one of them is responsible enough to wear the ring. Hopefully, thats a ways down the road. I want to be able to wear the ring and tell the story myself.
I am so blessed in my life. I'd like to think that "Bob" had something to do with my getting that ring. He always wanted me to have a "better" diamond. But then again, Mary said that God is in control and he just gave me a kiss! Whatever the one, I thank God that he has given me my family..............my children, my grandchildren (all three of them) and wonderful friends. The blessings all come from you.

7 comments:

The Crusty Crone said...

What a beautiful, elegant and classy ring. And the story that goes with it is great, too! What a fun way to 'get the diamond!!'

Sandy said...

I love this story. What a special day that must have been. And I bet Bob did have something to do with it. Do you wear it often. So BJ...that was a GREAT show and tell..thanks for joining in...

Barbara said...

What a great story, and a beautiful ring!!I love the setting you chose, indeed very classy and unique...just like the one that wears it!

cat's momma said...

I so enjoyed the story of the ring, and the ring is absolutely beautiful! Loved your sharing!

Nita said...

I really enjoyed reading the story of how you got your ring. And Kelli's comment, "I can't wait". :)

The way you shared your heart in your gratitude to God, your love for your family, telling of feeling your husband's presence in finding the ring...I want to read more.

Thanks for checking out my blog too.
I never thought I'd have one, and here I are...a brand new blogger.

Nita

Tee said...

What a great story and a beautiful ring!

BJ said...

CC - it was a fun thing to do! Who would have thought that I, little ole me, would be the one? I'm still surprised!

Sandy - it was a special day for me when I dug that sparkler! I do think that Bob was there with me guiding that shovel in the right direction! And yes, I do wear it. Not all of the time, cause I'm not a big diamond person. I like other gemstones!

Barb & CM - I do like the setting too! It is very different, but I especially love the rose gold that goes down both sides around tiny little diamonds!

Nita - Thank you for commenting and I hope that you will come back. I am so blessed in my life. And have so much to be thankful for.

I have been enjoying reading your post and will be coming there often.

Thank you all for your comments. And I'm sure that if you would like to take part in Show & Tell Monday's, just make a post and go to http://showandtellmonday.blogspot.com/ and put your link in there. I'm sure that Sandy would love for you to take part in it. It's fun!