Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"WELL, I HEARD IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY"!



Today is my daughter's birthday. She was born 11:11 p.m on May 17th. and has been a constant source of love to our family. Her dad was 40 years old when she came along. He adored her from the minute she came into this world. She was "daddies little girl".

I am so thankful for her and all that she is. She has given so much to us and I can't imagine our life without her. I'm sure they might say she was a "pain in the behind" when they were growing up. She was six years younger than her older brother and four years younger than her other brother. While they were building ramps and skateboarding, she was right behind them trying to do the same thing. She had her own skateboard and would do her best to keep up with them. And when it came to sports, she played soccer just like they did.

Her brother's watched her change from a little tomboy to a beautiful young lady. Their friends would frequent our house in search of that "little sister". She wanted to do the things that they were allowed to do. And it became more difficult to hold her back. Our explanation's of "earning privileges" age appropriate, were not liked and we had unhappy moment's in our house. But, in spite of all of that, we all survived those adolescent years and watched her grow up to be a loving and caring wife, and a doting mother to two little girl's.

I love the closeness that we share and am so thankful that I can talk to her each day. She hugs me and holds me close each time she see's me, like it was the first. We never hang up the phone without saying "I love yous". She confides in me and trusts me that what she tell's me I will hold in confidence. The respect is mutual between us. And I am thankful for this lovely daughter of mine. I thank God that he chose me to be her mom.

So Kelli, on this 29th birthday, I hope that you will always feel the love that we hold in our heart's for you. And that you know what a special woman you are!
I love you honey.

14 comments:

Sandy said...

Well I'm glad I checked back here tonight. Happy Birthday to Kelli. I love what you wrote about her. My sister has just one child, a daughter, Hannah's mommy, and they have such a special relationship. I will probably never have that experience, having all sons.

You are a special lucky woman but then again, so is Kelli.

Sandy said...

p.s. She is soooo pretty. She has your eyes doesn't she..

KELLI BELLY said...

Mom, this made me cry. Thank you so much for writing this. I woke up early(everyones still sleeping)and decided to hop on here. What A nice little surprise :o) I love you back!

Anne said...

This is the nicest tribute I've read in a long time. If my mother wrote like this about me, I would fall down...just beautiful, BJ. And Happy Birthday Kelli! Missing ya in blogland!

and speaking of, I'll be thinking about you this saturday.

BJ said...

Sandy - thank you for your sweet comments. Yes - I am so very lucky to have Kelli as my daughter. She is as sweet as sugar! And truthfully, my husband's family thinks that Kelli has his eyes. They both have blue/green, gorgeous eyes. Mine are just very blue.

Anne - appreciate your comments so much. Kelli means the world to me. She is just very special.
Also, we'll be thinking of you on Sunday. It will be four years for us. We still talk about him as if he is still here with us. He was just the greatest father/husband. We were truely blessed.

Wanda said...

What a wonderful tribute to your Birthday Girl. She is beautiful like her mom. What would we do without our daughters, BJ? Especially when they can be your best friend....lovely post.

Barbara said...

What a beautiful relationship you two share. Happy Birthday Kelli!!

dakotablueeyes said...

sosweet and happy birthday to her

Tee said...

This is nicer than any material thing. Very sweet. Happy Birthday to Kelli :)

BJ said...

Wanda - having a daughter is the most special thing in the world!

Barb - Dakota - Tee - Thank you all so very much for your comments.

Anonymous said...

Hi BJ. Either the slide show is new or I missed it before. But whatever...I enjoyed going through it..You have some wonderful cuties...just adorable.

sandy

BJ said...

Sandy - that was a result of be fooling around on here about a week or so ago. You know where my spare time goes. It's pathetic!!!!! But I love it!

Amber said...

She is really beautiful, just like you!

:)

Marsha said...

What a wonderful tribute to your daughter...Happy Belated Birthday to her!