Wednesday, May 23, 2007

IT'S MEME TIME AGAIN!

My friend from Bun In The Oven tagged me, so here I go. This meme make's me think a lot! And at my age, that's a real job!!!


INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1) The Life & Times of a First Time Stay at Home Mom
2) Mom of 2 and Wife of 1
3) BlondeMomBlog
4) Bun in the Oven
5) BJ's Blunders

Next select five people to tag:

Tee,Kim,Wanda ,Luzie , and Kellibelly. I've chosen five, but please, you all are welcome to do this. So if you have a minute or two, please give it a try.

What were you doing 10 years ago?

OMG! I have to really think about this one. I'm pretty sure that I was feeling the "empty nest syndrome". My baby was 19 years old and wanting to be totally on her own. I think that was a difficult time for my husband and I. I remember pacing the floors at night, just waiting to see her car light's turn into our driveway. Oh yea, my hubby could go on to sleep. But not me. I needed my chickie home in bed too! I was such a worry-wart!

What were you doing 1 year ago?

One year ago, I was thinking about what kind of part-time business I could do from my condo. I really wanted to try medical transcribing. However, I had never done that. I worked in the medical field for 12 years for a pediatrician. I found someone that was willing to take a chance on me, and I did transcribe one tape, but it became too difficult for her to get the tapes to me and it just didn't work out. I never got paid for the transcribing that I did! And I still have the her equipment. I now sell Mary Kay part-time. But, I haven't totally given up on the medical transcribing. Maybe down the road when I retire. (ha,ha)

Five snacks you enjoy:

1). Light & Fit Vanilla Yogurt
2). Fiber One Bars- sooo good!
3). California oranges right now
4). Watermelon, cantaloupe and honey dew, strawberries
5). Chocolate in any form.

Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:

1). Beautiful - Christine Aguilara
2). Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (he-he)
3). Don't Forget About Us - Mariah Carey
4). Here Comes Peter Cottontail
5). I Can Only Imagine - Michael W. Smith

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

1). Pay off my mortgage.
2). Buy a Canon Rebel with mucho lenses
3). Buy a beachfront property.
4). Take a trip to England or Australia or both. Why not? I'm a millionaire!
5). Take care of all family member financially.

Five bad habits:

1). Spend too much time on my laptop.
2). Don't exercise enough.
3). Worry about things I can't control.
4). I should dust more often. (who cares)
5). I should clean more often too! (who cares)

Five things you like doing:

1). Taking photos
2). Being on the computer
3). Spending time with my children & grandchildren & friends
4). Selling Mary Kay
5). Jewelry Making

Five things you would never wear again:

1). Bikini
2). Shorts
3). Halter tops (I think they are making a comeback)
4). I won't wear a bathing suit!
5). High heels

Five favorite toys:

1). Laptop
2). Camera
3). cellphone
4). Beading
5). Scrabble

7 comments:

Wanda said...

Hi BJ: Loved your tag answers. I'll accept the tag, may take me a day or two to put it together!
Looks like fun!

Sandy said...

Well here you were wanting and trying to be a medical transcriptionist and guess what, that was my career from 1970 to 2005. Long time. I worked mainly at home and raised the guys. I worked long long hours and by the time I retired I hated it. But, it was nice working at home.

I understand about the getting the tapes and stuff. I had worked for a company towards the end that did transcription for 500 different doctors or hospitals. It was also done by phone, dial in and hear the dictation. One never had to leave their house.

I enjoyed reading more about you. I'm only on for a little bit today as I hope to be hiking...have a great day...sandy

Amber said...

It sounds to me like your life is ver in balance, to me! And you snack healthy! And I won't ever wear a bikini again, either.(no body needs that, lol)

And I will be the same as you when my kids are that age. Oy! I get butterfly in my belly just thinking of it!

:)

Tee said...

I also eat Light & Fit Vanilla Yogurt! :) ... I also love the song "I can only imagine" - makes me cry. LOL.

Wanda said...

BJ I did the tag, but have posted something new today. I really hate doing them...insecure...but this one was fun. Thanks!

Barbara said...

Wow, you really do snack healthy! Don't look at my answers!

BJ said...

Wanda - thanks for being the great sport that you are; great answers too.

Sandy - you and I will talk more about this thought I had about medical transcribing.

Amber - boy, do I have you fooled! "Balanced life"? I don't know about that, but I do have fun trying! Yea, I eat healthy some days, but others I fall off the wagon! (he-he)

Tee - I love me some of that yogurt! It is the best! Friends, try it!

Barb - Again, if there's a choice between a healthy snack and something sweet and fattening, (chocolate), you know I am WEAK!

Thank you all for stopping by!