Monday, May 28, 2007

Lavender rosebud


Lavender rosebud, originally uploaded by Mamaquita.

I have to admit that I am fascinated by this rose. I have never seen a rosebush with roses this color. I was over to babysit my grandson and walked around my son's home to possibly find some picture taking material. After coming into his home, I excitedly mentioned to him, "son, did you know that you have a lavender rosebush on the side of your house"? He looked at me and said, "mom, I'm tired"! Well, okay then. I take he could have cared less about this lavender rose.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

hahaha, that's a male for you... I don't think they care about lavendar roses.. But I DO!!! Just beautiful...

Wanda said...

Cute story and beautiful lavender rose. It goes so well with your blog background.
I've been going crazy taking pictures of roses lately. My bushes are full!

BJ said...

Sandy - Yea, I'm glad that we women can appreciate a beautiful rose when we see one!!!

Wanda - Please post pictures of roses. I love roses. My husband and I never had much luck with them. I think our soil had a lot to do with it. But I appreciate a pretty rose when I see one. And this rose, lavender as it is, fascinates me to no end!