Sunday, May 20, 2007

~IN LOVING MEMORY ~

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you.
They say I should move on, but tell me, where?
Where such love as I have shared with you,
Such sweetness from such joy so many years?
There has to be some room for storing sorrow,
Some place to keep one's undivided pain,
Where past can still be present, though in shadow,
And I can hold you in my arms again.
Ah, darling! We will be together always,
Though you are dead, and I must live alone.
Time is nothing but an open window
To things more real, which you and I have known.
When we were married, we became one flesh;
So now in me you'll not return to dust.


March 21, 1938 - May 20, 2003

6 comments:

Amber said...

Aww, BJ. This is so, so beautiful...
And I know I would feel the same way. I couldn't imagine another love! Some of us just got really lucky, and it seems hard to imagine that kind of luck twice. ;)

Bless your heart, lady. And I know he looks out for you.

:)

KELLI BELLY said...

We WILL see him again mom. And you'll be able to hold each other again. I love you :o) XOXO

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful and sad at the same time. He lives on and I really believe our loved ones always look over us and wait for us.

(((( BJ))))
sandy

Marsha said...

Thinking of you as I know anniversaries like this one are hard. I see the love in your writing..what a wonderful tribute.

Sandy said...

Hi BJ. I read your post above about the fire, but there is not a comment box to click on, on that post. So I'll put it here.

In reading about the fire and that you had one at your house once, I am so glad it turned out the way it did for you and not worse. Reading about the condo fire, wow, to think that 24 families are displaced from possibly the actions of one...so sad...

When California had their big fires in 2003, we were in one of the areas where the firestorm drove us out of our house. It came right up to the back fence and beyond with embers flying and hitting the roof. I still believe if it wasn't for our son Seth, who stayed behind on the roof with a hose, we would have lost our house.

Just reading your post brought that memory back.

Sorry for the people who got displaced, but glad it wasn't your building.

Anne said...

Such a sweet poem.