Sunday, August 13, 2006

IN THE BEGINNING.........


Bob & Brenda - 1976
Originally uploaded by Mama Chiquita.
This past Monday would have been our 30th. wedding anniversary. He was my soulmate and the love of my life. He was everything I wanted in a husband and just the greatest father to our children. He was kind and loving and never knew a stranger. Anyone who met him considered him a friend. He was loyal to the people he loved.

He came into my life when I needed a stable & honest relationship. He provided me with all of that. He had children of his own and so did I. We blended our families and worked through some difficult times. We never gave up on our love and each other. We wanted it to work and it did.

He's been gone for three years. I miss him terribly and know that one day we will be together again. His memory lives on in my heart and just thinking about him will make me smile or even cry. His sense of humor was unbelieveable. I could look at him and know what he was thinking or about to say. He kept our marriage alive and fun. He would whisper intimate things in my ear that would make me laugh as he followed me around the longerie department of a store. I miss all of that. I miss him holding me and the closeness we shared. I miss the intimacy. I will love him forever.

If you have a man like him, hold on to him with all your heart. You are blessed to have this person in your life.

6 comments:

Amber said...

What a wonderful warm post! it made me feel happy for you that you were blessed with such a man, and also sad that you lost him. ;(

But the two of you were really a couple of hotties!! Woo woo! LOL.
I bet you had so much fun and passion together! I hope I have as many happy years with Kory ahead of me. Thanks for sharing your love with us.

oxox :)

Peanutt said...

Very touching post! Its very rare that you found a man like that! What a lucky lady you have been!

BJ said...

Amber-thank you for writing that. We were a very passionate twosome!

Peanutt - thank you too for stopping by. It is great to hear from you. Kellibelly will be back to blogging soon....next week.

The Mom said...

That was really sweet. Between what you and Kelli have said about him he sounds like a wonderful man. Yes, you will see him again one day. And you haven't changed very much in 30 years!

JC said...

That's such a nice tribute. You are lucky that you had someone like that in your life.

Sandy said...

Enjoyed reading this. I think I had read it before a while back when I first found your blog. You're right..Kelli's eyes may be more like his but ..I see yours in there too.

great pic...