Monday, July 04, 2005

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

Well, as I ended my last post I told you that I had much more news to update you with. After coming back from the Southern Carribean from a cruise on May 1st., I got a call from an old neighbor who said that there was a vacant condo above her in her building. Now, this neighbor, who lived directly next door to me, sold her single family home to her son and his wife two years ago. Over the past couple of years since my husband passed away, I have looked off and on at condo's. My late husband always told me that "you don't have to make any decision's hastily". "Take your time". So, I looked not really too interested in anything. Most of the ones that I looked at seemed so small to me. Almost like living in an apartment. And too, realizing that I will have to get rid of a lot of stuff to fit in any condo. But, this time I guess the timing was much better. My friend had the keys to the condo, and invited me over to look at it. I really, really liked it. It is on the third floor with a loft. But when you walk in, the room is 33 ft. long. It has cathedral ceilings and since my home has that it became more interesting to me. It is two bedroom, two bath with loft. The loft is so neat. It has a huge walk-in closet. In fact, the entire condo has adequate closets which is a meaningful thing to me. Most of the newer condo's have so little closet space, that for me coming from a single family home, I need room! So, I decided that I would take the kids over to look at it with me. My oldest son and his wife couldn't make it cause she was going to the hospital to be induced. But, all in all, they liked it. They want me to be happy. And they know that I am independent. I am not ready for assisted living or moving in with any of my kids and their families. I want to have my own living quarters. It is a bitter-sweet situation. The kids grew up in the house that I am selling. So you know, they have ties here too. But financially I really need to sell at this time. The market is good, and I am hoping to do well on the sale. Buying the condo is not contigent with selling my house. It is on the market and I have had two scheduled showings. One actually yesterday. That surprised me since it is the holiday weekend. I guess it doesn't matter if you are looking for a house. My son Chad, who was living in Georgia, has been here visiting with me since Christmas. Boy, have I ever loved having him here! He has been so helpful doing all kinds of things trying to get my house ready for the sale. We have packed up a lot of boxes. You know what is difficult? Trying to pack up, keep your house in order for showing, and living there. I couldn't have done this along. I am so thankful that he is here to help me.

Well, now you know. Lots of things going on for me. Hey, say a prayer for me that my house sells quickly and that all goes well. Thanks. And listen, if you have information to give regarding moving, please respond. Until the next time.......bye for now.

1 comment:

KELLI BELLY said...

You made a good decision mom. I truely believe everything fell right into place for you! I know that you have to sell your house but I think that will happen in no time! Have you gotten any feedback from your last showing? I still need to come and trash a lot of that stuff on the deck:0)LOVE YOU, KELLI