Sunday, July 10, 2005

EMOTIONALLY PREPARING FOR WEEK!

Does anyone else feel like I do? When Sunday night comes I start feeling somewhat droopy or is it dopey? The weekends are just too short! I wish that I could work four ten hour days. I think that I might like that better. But maybe not either. Maybe I just need to retire. Yea, you think? Well guess what? I can't yet. I still have ions to go. So much for that thought.

As you all know, I was taking care of L.J. on Saturday. He is five weeks old now. He was so well behaved that I just can't stand it. He didn't cry but he did make a few snorts. He does that you know. Never remember any of mine doing that, but that's okay too. He's entitled to do what he wants. Anyway, I was with him from around 11:30 a.m. on Saturday until about 2:30 a.m. on Sunday morning. The wedding that my dil was in went beautifully she said. And she and my son had a really good time. Of course they missed having L.J. with them. But it gave them a break too. I held him so much. Feed him alot too. As he drinks a lot of milk. At one feeding, he went through the 3 ounces and wanted more so I gave him 3 more. Little piggy! I also gave him a bath. He didn't cry but did a little whimper when I picked up his naked little body and put him in the sling on the little bath tub. But I talked to him the whole time and told him everything that I was doing. He is very responsive. He does a lot of cooing now and looks directly into your eyes. I still don't remember my children doing that so soon. I think that the babies today arrive being so much more alert that ours did. Is that possible? I'd like to hear some comments on that one. Then, I dried him off and put his diaper and one piece snap up little thingy on him, wrapped him in a nice blanket and he went fast asleep. He really liked his bath. At least that's what I think and we'll leave it at that! My son came home earlier in the evening, I'd say around 11:00 p.m. He works for a large corporation and had to be back at work very early this morning. So, he went right up to bed. I have to admit though, I did doze off quite a few times. But never fell asleep soundly. My dil came in around 2:30 a.m. and was dragging. I can only imagine that she was very tired. Especially since L.J. doesn't allow them to get much sleep during the night. He likes to sleep during the day and finds that he enjoys be wakeful during the night. She did say the wedding was beautiful (her best friend), and she had a great time. She missed L.J. She smathered him with kisses and picked him up. He was waking around that same time. Minutes later I decided that I would leave and come home to my most comfortable king size bed. I love that bed. So, I guess that around 3:00 a.m. or 3:15 a.m. I probably feel asleep. Didn't wake until around 9:00 a.m. this morning. Then the rest of the day went as usual. It was a wonderful experience and I loved every minute of taking care of him. He is truly precious and I feel so blessed in so many ways. Well, I better sign off for now. You all come back now you hear?

3 comments:

KELLI BELLY said...

Glad he was so good for you!

Little Miss said...

I get nervous Sunday nights as well...I've had my husband home all weekend, and I feel overwhelmed knowing he has to go back to work the next day. (But I always do it, and I'm fine...it's just the anxiety before hand.)

I really enjoyed reading about your grandson...my youngest is 1 now, and I miss those tiny baby days!

My third is definitely more alert and tuned in to what's going on around her, she always has been. She too would look directly into your eyes as if to say, "I understand completely..." It was mind-boggling.

Have a good week, and thanks for stopping by my site, your comments are always welcome!

dd said...

This was fun to read. My grandchildren came out so much more alert than my own did as babies. You're right...they are more advanced nowadays...