Friday, July 01, 2005

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!

Well, I haven't blogged in quite a while. So much has happened since the last post. The long awaited arrival of grandchild #3 finally happened. The little darling arrived on June 4th and weighed in at 7 lbs. 13.5 ounces. He was a long one; I believe 22 inches long. Wow! No wonder he had such a hard time leaving mommies womb! After 24 hours plus in labor, and only dilating up to 5, they decided at 11:00 p.m on June 3rd. that it was time to do something. So baby John, III was taken by ceserean and arrived at 12:20 p.m. on June 4th. Daddy wasn't able to be in the room when they did the operation, but as soon as baby John arrived they wisked him through the doors to see his daddy for the first time. Mommy was in la-la land. Baby John got to see her later.

All is well now. Daddy, mommy and baby are settling in and doing quite well. Daddy just went back to work and mommy is left "holding the baby", so to speak. Meghan is really a natural. She is very relaxed and low keyed. Daddy is a "mr. mom". He can do it all too. Baby John is so lucky to have these parents and the great family that he has. His cousins, especially Hailee, just adores him. She couldn't wait to place her "clean" hands on his little ears. Afterall, she has an ear fettish. That runs in our family too. Gianna, on the other hand, is only 10 months old, and still wants mommy and tries to pull mommies clothes off if she's near when mommie is holding baby John. Gianna is a little wild girl. She's a cutie though.

Well, I'm excited because tomorrow I am going to give baby John his first real bath. He has had many sponge baths but tomorrow mom-mom gets to give him his first real one. I know he'll scream and cry and turn red and hold his breath. He'll do all of those things. But thats okay. He'll be fine. After that's done, I'll dry him, and wrap him in swaddling clothes and hold him in my arms. And plant baby kisses all over his beautiful little face.
I really and truly believe that my grandchildren are the most precious little things in the world. Sometimes I could pinch myself. I just wonder how I could have gotten so lucky to have my own children and then on top of that, three gorgeous darlings!

1 comment:

KELLI BELLY said...

So glad you decided to write another post! you always write the sweetest stuff! We love you and couldn't ask for a better mom and mom-mom!